Erectile Dysfunction: ED Causes, Treatment, and Natural Supplements for Men
Erectile dysfunction is a real and immediate concern for a sizable portion of the male population worldwide. It can occur chronically or at one point in your life. It can become prevalent – and require firm, therapeutic action.
The first indicator of erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to start or maintain an erection long enough to have sex and achieve pleasure with your partner. Your penis undergoes a process to become erect and ready for sexual action. During sexual arousal, nerve impulses sent from your brain force blood flow into the chambers of your penis, which are also called corpus cavernosum. Erectile dysfunction occurs once the nerves present next to your manhood suffer from damage.
Potential Causes and Factors in Erectile Dysfunction
There are several factors that cause erectile dysfunction or increase your risk for this condition. Obesity, for example, has been shown in studies to be a likely culprit – obese or overweight men are more likely to be impotent than those who are able to have an ideal weight range. Obesity puts you at risk of diabetes, hypertension, depression and stroke, all of which affect your state and quality of erections.
An underlying health or medical condition may also cause erectile dysfunction. Chronic conditions affecting your heart, veins, nerves, arteries, and kidneys are at play. Note, too, that it’s not just heart disease but also diabetes and hypogonadism – where there is low or insufficient testosterone in the body – that should be watched out for.
There are other risk factors of erectile dysfunction, including the following:
- Physical pressure. There are certain activities that can pressure the nerves and blood vessels forcing more blood into your penis. One example is cycling, which can increase ED risk in the long term.
- Stress and other psychological factors, which adversely impact your will and desire to have sex with your partner. Remember that when you are pressured, fatigued, depressed, or stressed out due to everyday home or work affairs, you run a greater risk of becoming impotent.
- Use of prescription drugs for existing medical conditions. These include tranquilizers, antidepressants, and antihistamines. The same negative effects can be caused by certain surgical procedures in men.
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices, with the likes of smoking, alcoholic excess, and substance abuse all probably leading to erectile dysfunction symptoms and an overall decline in health and wellness.
Naturally Overcoming the Mental Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Proper, effective ED treatment involves getting to the root of the disease. If psychological or mental elements are causing you to have failing erections, there are several active steps you can take to alleviate them. Here are three categories of common psychological treatments of ED:
- Open communication with partner – You would be surprised at how greatly influential opening up the channels of communication with your partner can be. Talk things out openly and honestly with your partner, including the seemingly untouchable anxieties that may be besetting your sex life and performance. Your condition also affects your partner and her pleasure, so it it should be a shared responsibility to address ED effectively.
- Stress relief – There are holistic therapies around that can help you address stress and its powerful effects. Stressful emotions and anxiety prevent relaxation, which means your body has to work double time to push more blood to your manhood. Exercise, meditation, yoga, and Pilates, as well as meaningful hobbies such as sports and listening to calming music, can all positively contribute to your emotional well-being along with cardiovascular function.Exercise is a special feature of stress relief, as it benefits not only stress management but also better mood and optimum overall health. Regular physical activity lowers your blood pressure and heart health, which both contribute to healthy sexual functioning. You can do active pursuits in combination with professional therapies.
- Seek psychosocial therapy – Talk therapy may help address your relationship issues, performance anxiety, or any related mood disorder that adversely affects your sex life and function. For starters, it is important to rule out mental conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. A sex therapist may lead the sessions with you or along with your partner.
Beware: ED Can Strike in Young Males Too
Senior or elderly men are at a greater risk of experiencing erectile dysfunction, mainly due to the higher probability of disease in later age and the natural decline of testosterone in the body. But make no mistake about it: even young men can suffer from ED, albeit still relatively uncommon.
There are ED-causing physical health issues they can undergo, including physical injury and trauma. This makes it crucial to undergo regular physical examination, as well as maintain a healthy lifestyle. Another aspect to address is a young man’s mental wellness, where a psychosocial exam may be done if no physical issue is detected and seen to cause ED symptoms.
The Case for Using Natural ED Supplements for Men
There are doctors and sex therapists who recommend a wealth of ED treatment techniques, such as penile exercises, special devices such as a penis pump or extender, psychological counseling, or even drug therapy.
Male enhancement pills among the viable options for alleviating ED symptoms and regaining the hardness and vitality that are lost with impotence. These sex pills are deemed instrumental for relatively immediate results, with many natural and herbal components considered responsible for the advantages.
Apart from their composition, male enhancement pills boast of easy access and convenience due to their non-prescription nature, availability in both physical local stores and sites on the World Wide Web, and discreet shipping to different parts of the world.