Regular checks for male health issues are a crucial component of sexual and general wellness. Sexual problems in men are not the only ones to watch out for; there are several conditions that can sabotage your erections, reproductive potential, and overall longevity and quality of life.
Here are some male health issues to be aware of:
- Erectile dysfunction – While it is most common in men over 75 years old, impotence can take place at any age. It can be triggered by hypertension, diabetes, and atherosclerosis, as well as psychological issues and relationship troubles. ED can strike any time because of the ill effects of stress, fatigue, use of prescription medication, and even certain surgical procedures. Erectile dysfunction can be treated effectively by natural male enhancement, but it crucial to address it based on the underlying cause.
- Diabetes – Age, family history, race, and other factors can play a role in diabetes, but it is mainly a lifestyle disease. Here there is faulty insulin and leptin (hunger hormone) signaling, which you can reverse through a healthy diet of reduced or less or no sugar and grains, more physical activity, and all the right lifestyle choices.
- Heart disease – This remains the leading killer among men and women but can be avoided by eating a healthy diet, particularly one that is rich in omega-3 fats. Exercise regularly, and stay within your ideal body weight. It is also important to manage your everyday stress and emotions.
- Kidney disease – Beware as this can occur as secondary to diabetes or hypertension. If you have a chronic disease, treat it consistently to avoid kidney complications. Furthermore, maintain a healthy weight, exercise regularly, and control your salt intake.
- Respiratory disorders – Chronic lower respiratory conditions include emphysema and chronic bronchitis. These respiratory diseases kill about five percent of men. Smoking emerges as the primary suspect, but there’s also exposure to toxins and hazardous substances as a great contributor to respiratory disease risk. Employ great care when working with chemicals and use proper safety precautions.
- Prostate issues – Fact of male health issues: your prostate can enlarge as you age and cause difficulty urinating. It can be benign or lead to cancer. Have regular physical examinations to correctly detect any prostate abnormalities early on.
- Cancer – Leading cancer types in men are lung cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer. While relatively prevalent, these can be alleviated by implementing healthy lifestyle strategies, such as undergoing regular health screenings, quitting smoking, eating with a balanced and healthy diet, exercising regularly, and getting enough restful sleep every day, to name a few.
Sexual problems in men are not the only issues that you should pay attention to. A healthy, rewarding sex life begins with overall wellness, so take heeds of the health signals that your body is giving you.